July 25, 2006

Late for decision

Getting late for decision
what's that waiting about?
horses are chomping at the bit
the gate is nearly busted down.
Moment before the calm of the storm
and everyone's blood goes wild
except yours and mine

How many years has it taken
your restless heart growing old,
horses running off on their own
and the stable's burnt to the ground.
The longer you wait
your decision will fade
and wind up wasting us time:
yours and mine.

Yours and Mine, Calexico

Let's face it, we're not getting any younger, and I wouldn't go back, either, to that time when we fought and said those horrible things, none true. The days and the years were calm and gentle like Mexico City's breeze, we ran around the plazas and gardens, wasting our time... I mean, enjoying our lives.

The night comes, and with it, you. Open the door and find you in new hair, gleaming eyes and the honest smile that's always enchanted me. I go back to that time together and find myself here, spot frozen with arms around you, scented on the welcome mat. Welcome. Is it still time to say I love you?

No comments: